Buddy Mugs is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Buddy Mugs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page periodically to ensure you are happy if any changes have been made. This policy is effective from 01/08/2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode/zip code
- Information concerning transactions carried out between you and us in relation to this website, including information relating to the purchases you make and fulfillment of orders
What we do with the information we gather
We may occasionally send out emails concerning new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We will only contact you by email or mail. We may use the information given to customise the website according to your interests.
- Buddy Mugs will not disclose any of your information to any third parties except in situation where it is part of providing a service to you. This includes arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research or when you given us permission to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes .
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time.
Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
What cookies does Buddy Mugs use and why?
Functional – The majority of cookies we use are designed to make sure our website operates properly and to enhance our customers’ experience.
Advertising – Cookies are used to track the performance of our online advertising campaigns through Google, Bing and their partners. They give us information about how many people have bought from us after interacting with one of our adverts. This helps us to keep our adverts informative and relevant to our customers. All the information collected is anonymous and no personal data is recorded.
How can cookies be managed or disabled?
You can easily change the way cookies are handled on your computer by adjusting the cookie settings within your internet browser. It is possible to manage which websites are allowed to create cookies on your computer as well as view or delete cookies that have already been stored.
There are many different internet browsers so we aren’t able to give instructions on how to change the privacy and cookie settings in all of them, but we’ve provided links to the websites of the most popular browsers below. Please note: Blocking all cookies from buddymugs.co.uk will prevent the Shopping Cart from functioning correctly and you will be unable to place an order through the website.
Microsoft Internet Explorer